Select your product to view tested and supported processors. After clicking the link, click Compatible Products on the ARK page located on the left-hand side of the screen.
Can I use the 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors in a non-R revision of the Intel® Server Board S2600ST Family?
Yes, the hardware is compatible, but the Intel® Server Board has to be at a minimum of BIOS version 02.01.0008 to boot with the 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor installed. Once booted, you must upgrade to production BIOS for the CPU to run properly and the new features to become available.
- Install Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors.
- Download the latest BIOS version (S2600ST BIOS Download).
- Note: For each BIOS version, please check the minimum version requirements before upgrading.
- Update to version 02.01.0008 or later.
- Install 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors.
- Re-update to latest production BIOS.
|Comparing the Intel® Server Board S2600ST with non-R and with R (Refresh) Families|