In the event that the Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator VCA1283LVV or VCA1585LMV card needs to be returned to Intel, it's critical that the user uninstall the user-installed DIMM modules using the steps below:
- Power off the server system.
- Remove the chassis cover and uninstall the card from the PCI-e* slot.
- Remove the cosmetic cover of the Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator card.
- Disengage the DIMMs by pulling the latch that holds the memory module.
- After all DIMMs have been removed, reinstall the cosmetic cover and use the anti-static bag and box that came with the card for an RMA.
Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator (Intel® VCA) cards intended to be installed into Dell* server systems should have special Dell mounting hardware and Dell customized BIOS version installed.
Contact Dell support to replace Intel® VCA card for your Dell server system.