You can verify your coverage and request warranty support using the Online Warranty Service Center.
For details about warranty terms and conditions, see below:
Click or the topic for details:
Intel offers three-year limited warranties on Intel® NUC products purchased from Intel® Authorized Distributors. This warranty covers all hardware items included in the box.
Translated into 39 languages.
|Three-year Australia (English) |
Size: 69 KB
Date: September 2020
|Note||PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader*.|
System fan warranty considerations
Chassis manufacturers might design enclosures for Intel® NUC Board SKUs that include passive cooling solutions. To accommodate these types of custom chassis, some chassis manufacturers or integrators remove the fan or otherwise embed the product. In these cases, it is the responsibility of the chassis manufacturers and integrators to ensure sufficient cooling of the modified system to meet the environmental limits as specified in the Intel product technical documentation. Failure to sufficiently cool the Intel NUC Board in custom enclosures will invalidate the Intel Product Warranty.
Some NUC products are not good candidates for passive cooling solutions, and the chassis manufacturers and integrators are fully responsible for the risk of making such modifications.
Products that are not recommended for use with passive cooling solutions includes the following (list may not be complete and is subject to change):
- Intel® NUC 9 Extreme Kit, formerly known as Ghost Canyon
- Intel® NUC 9 Pro Kit, formerly known as Quartz Canyon
- Any NUC product with a socketed CPU
Before you return defective products
Make sure you know your Windows* OS Activation number (if applicable).
If you have a BitLocker key enabled on your Windows installation, be sure you know the key before taking out the hard drive. For more details about BitLocker Recovery Key, visit Intel® NUC: BitLocker Recovery Key is Requested on Start.
The table describes what to return and what to keep with you.
|Product||What to return||What to keep|
|Intel® NUC Mini PCs |
(These products have memory, drive, and operating system already installed. Individual components can't be replaced separately.)
| || |
|Intel® NUC Kits |
(These products do not ship with memory, drive, or operating system already installed.)
| || |
Intel® NUC Kits containing Intel® Compute Element
(This Kit shipped from Intel without memory or drive. You (or your place of purchase) installed memory, drive, and operating system.)
| || |
|Intel® NUC Boards||Return only the Intel NUC Board.||Keep all components you installed (memory modules, hard drives, wireless adapters).|
|Caution ||Intel isn't able to track or return user-installed components, including items included in the box upon return. Unless otherwise mentioned above, remove all memory and disks from your Intel NUC before sending it to our Warranty Center. Where applicable, make sure to backup all applications and data. Intel is not responsible for any data loss occurring from the warranty process.|
Intel NUC Kits sent as warranty replacements don't include a Microsoft Windows* license sticker. If your Intel NUC has a Windows license sticker, we recommend you carefully peel it off the chassis. You can take a photo of it for future reference before returning it to Intel for a warranty replacement. Microsoft Windows stickers aren't available as fulfillment items.
- Back up all your applications and data where applicable. Intel is not responsible for any data loss that occurs during the warranty process.
- Refer to your email confirmation for instructions on which parts and accessories you should keep. Intel doesn’t retain any parts and accessories and can’t return them to you.
- Write your RMA case number on the outside of the box and enclose a copy of your email confirmation.
- Replacement units may not be shipped to you in original retail packaging.
If you have the original retail box, you can use that box to return the product:
- If the original box inserts aren’t available, wrap the item on all sides with bubble wrap or similar cushioning material to ensure a snug fit with minimal movement.
- Pack the retail box into a sturdy outer box, with at least two inches of bubble wrap, loose fill foam, or similar cushioning to ensure a snug fit with minimal movement.
- You can procure an outer box of adequate size from your local shipping store or post office at your own cost.
|Note||The replacement NUC may be delivered to you not in the original retail box, but in the grey box. If you would like to keep the original retail box, please proceed with the instruction below.|
If you don’t have the original retail box, or would like to keep the original box:
- Pack the product in a sturdy box with enough additional packing material to prevent shifting in transit.
- You can procure a shipping box of adequate size from your local shipping store or post office at your own cost.
If you’re returning more than one item, protect each item with enough bubble wrap, loose fill foam, or similar cushioning material to prevent shifting during transit.
|Check Your Warranty Coverage and Request Warranty Support|
|Information Needed to Identify Your Intel® NUC When Requesting Warranty Support|