This download record contains the BIOS image for the Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator VCA1283LVV / VCA1585LMV (2.3.26).
- OS Independent
- Size: 14.5 MB
- SHA1: AEC23AC65E7D578BC779E20A7008EA8940D7D2E1
This package is patched to protect against a Side Channel vulnerability.
Refer to this table to see the list of all available packages based on various software versions.
This download contains a binary file for updating the Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator BIOS. For a detailed description on the steps to update the BIOS, download the Software User's Guide.
To update the BIOS, use the vcactl utility included in the production package.
Steps to update the BIOS
- Move the User BIOS update jumper for the appropriate node(s) to the shorted position (jumper across both pins, instead of on only one). The jumpers are located near the 8-pin auxiliary power connector. For more information on the location, download the Hardware Guide.
- Power on the host (or server system).
- Reset the nodes by running a vcactl reset command. Run a vcactl status command and wait for the node status to return to a bios_up message.
- Depends on VCA card type:
- For VCA, turn off the power of host/server for a couple of seconds.
- For VCA2, run vcactl pwrbtn-short. Make sure that nodes status is power_off. Bring nodes up by running vcactl pwrbtn-short again. Status bios-up means that new BIOS is ready to use. Update the BIOS by running a vcactl update-BIOS command and wait for the update to complete. Running a vcactl status command should return a bios_up message, which means that the node successfully updated.
Use the checksum below to validate file integrity after downloading: