Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 Family for Small Business
For SMBs using cloud-based IT solutions, adding an on-premise server can be an efficient and affordable way to help increase employee productivity and protect valuable company data. A server based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family delivers the performance and security your small business needs—today and tomorrow.
Accelerate your business-critical applications with up to 76% more performance than a four-year-old server.1 Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.02 adapts to spikes in your workload, so you’ll get more computing power when you need it. For complex workloads, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)3 increases processing efficiency by enabling each processor core to simultaneously handle two tasks at once.
Keep your valuable data safe with hardware-assisted security features. Intel® Data Protection Technology with Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) and Intel® Secure Key4 provides fast encryption/decryption of sensitive files and helps enable secure encryption for 3rd party applications. Intel® Platform Protection Technology with BIOS Guard and OS Guard5 protects your system from unauthorized updates or changes.
Get fast, local access to the files and programs you use most with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology, which also helps you back up and store large amounts of data and quickly recover in the event of a hard drive failure. And unlike desktop systems, Intel Xeon processor-based servers support error correcting code (ECC) memory, which automatically detects and corrects memory errors that can cause a system crash or memory loss.
The Intel Xeon processor E3 family-based server—a smart investment for SMBs.
SMB Smart Centre
Small business, big success
The SMB Smart Center is your source of trends, DIY guides and current promotions.
Great ideas for business
Get insights, best practice guides and resources to inspire your own success.
Do your own IT upgrades
Get DIY tips to make simple changes that make a big difference for your business.
Get the right technology
Save time and money, and increase productivity with Intel solutions.
1. Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel® microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations, and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. Results are based on a comparison of internal Intel measurements as of April 2014 and SPECint*2006 results. Baseline configuration: SuperMicro X8SIE-F* with Intel® Xeon® processor X3480, IC 11.1, www.spec.org (http://www.spec.org/cpu2006/results/res2010q4/cpu2006-20101026-13675.html), SPECint*_rate_base2006 score: 124. New configuration: SuperMicro 813M-3* with Intel Xeon processor E3-1281 v3, 4x 4 GB DDR3-1600, 500 GB HDD 7200 RPM, Red Hat Enterprise Linux* 6.5. IC 14.0. Source: Internal Intel measurements, April 2014. SPECint_rate_base2006 score: 219. For more information go to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/library/benchmarks.html.
2. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel Turbo Boost Technology and Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
3. Requires an Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) enabled system, consult with your system manufacturer. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software used. Not available on all Intel® processors. For more information, including details on which processors support Intel HT Technology, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/hyper-threading/hyper-threading-technology.html.
4. No system can provide absolute security. Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) requires a computer system with an Intel® AES-NI-enabled processor, as well as software to execute the instructions in the correct sequence. Intel® Secure Key requires an Intel® Secure Key-enabled platform, available on select Intel® processors, and software optimized to support Intel® Secure Key. Consult your system manufacturer for more information and availability.
5. No system can provide absolute security. Requires an Intel® Platform Protection Technology-enabled platform, available on select Intel® processors, and an enabled operating system. Consult your system manufacturer for more information and availability.